In our 2023 Top Ten Talent Acquisition Trends series, we previously looked at Focusing on the Candidate Experience. This week’s trend is Emphasizing Employer Branding and Company Values.
You might think that an employer brand and talent brand are what you create. In part, that’s correct. A good reminder is that if you’re not creating them, you still have a brand and it might not be the one you intend.
When thinking about your employer brand, some of the things to consider:
- Company Values – What are the things you stay true to and communicate within and outside of the organization about what you stand for? These are oftentimes identified when a company is formed. They should be reviewed periodically and if needed, updated to fit the company’s evolution.
- Expand your Reach – What channels can you use to showcase your company’s culture, values and benefits? Consider your current set of social media platforms and research new platforms and tools to expand your reach.
- Employee Experience – Does your employee experience set you apart? Companies are focusing on creating a positive employee experience by offering expanded benefits, perks, and training and growth opportunities.
- Employee Advocacy – Are your current employees positive brand ambassadors? If you’re not confident that they are, you may need to do some internal culture work. Encourage employees to share their experiences and promote the company’s culture and values on social media platforms and incorporate into your website.
- Diversity and Inclusion – Do you have diversity and inclusion initiatives in place? These might include training programs, employee resource groups and inclusive hiring practices.
Expand your brand to include your talent brand by identifying and building on the reasons why desired candidates should choose to interview with and join your company vs. other opportunities they have. Get in touch to discuss ideas on maximizing your talent brand. JESSI Search, Inc. has expertise in all phases of the talent acquisition process.
Your personal brand is a promise to your clients…a promise of quality, consistency, competency and reliability.
Jason Harman, CEO and Investing & Business Keynote Speaker